Download Media Feature Pack 64 bit for Windows 11, 10 PC. Free
Free Download Media Feature Pack App latest version (2022) for Windows 10 PC and laptop: Install Media Player and related technologies on a computer running Windows 10 N editions. View the Full Download & Install Guide
Media Feature Pack Complete Download and Install Guide
Whats Media Feature Pack?
Media Feature Pack is a Downloads App for Windows 10. You can download and install it on your PC/desktop or laptop by following the below detailed guide. These instructions are valid for both 64 bit and 32 bit versions.
How to Download Media Feature Pack for Windows 10?
- First of all, Click on the green Download button placed in the first part of this page.
- Scroll the opened page down till you find the Download Links box. This box contains all the available official download links for Media Feature Pack.
- Now, choose your desired setup installer - online, offline, portable ... itc - and click on its link.
- Final Step: the download will either start instantly, or you will be directed to the official publisher download page.
Download DoNotSpy for Windows 10
How to Install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10?
- After you have downloaded Media Feature Pack setup installer, you can install it through these simple steps:
- Firstly, double right click by your mouse, touchpad or screen on the setup installer to start the installation. The Windows 10 smart screen will appear asking for your confirmation. Click "Yes".
- Secondly, follow the installation instructions provided by the app and agree to its terms and coditions. Remember, most apps enable you to customize the installation, if you do not know what to choose, leave the default options.
- Thirdly and Finally, Wait for the installation to complete, then after you see the successful installation confirmation, Click Finish.
Install Folder Marker latest version
How to Uninstall Media Feature Pack from Windows 10?
- Open Windows 10 settings.
- Now, navigate to apps section.
- Apps list will appear, search for Media Feature Pack.
- Click on it, then click uninstall.
- After that, Confirm
Is Media Feature Pack Free?
Media Feature Pack is a Freeware software. Downloading Media Feature Pack is free from FilesWin.com
Is Media Feature Pack Safe?
Yes, Media Feature Pack is safe to install on Windows 10.
Media Feature Pack installs Media Player and related technologies on a computer running Windows 10 N editions. Windows 10 N includes the same functionality as other editions of Windows 10, except for media-related technologies (Windows Media Player) and certain preinstalled media apps (Music, Video, Voice Recorder, and Skype).
You must install additional software from Microsoft or another company to have this communication functionality and to play or to create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs; to stream music; and to take and store pictures. New features such as Windows Mixed Reality, Cortana, Windows Hello, and PDF viewing in the new Edge browser rely on Windows Media files that are not included in Windows 10 N.
Why You May Need Media Feature Pack ?
Some websites and software, such as Windows Store apps and Microsoft Office, use Windows Media-related files that are not included in Windows 10 N edition. With the exception of Windows Mixed Reality, users can make these websites and software work correctly by installing the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10.
Media Feature Pack will Add:
Windows Media Player user experience: Enables Windows Media Player features, such as the ability to play media files and audio CDs, manage media in a library, create a playlist, provide metadata (including album art) for media, create an audio CD, transfer music to a portable music player, and play streaming content from a website.
Windows Media Player ActiveX control: Exposes methods and properties to manipulate multimedia playback from a webpage or an app.
Windows Media Format: Provides support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file container, the Windows Media audio and video codecs, basic network streaming capability, and digital rights management (DRM).
Windows Media DRM: Enables the secure delivery of protected content for playback on a computer, portable device, or network device.
Media sharing and Play To: Enables music, pictures, and videos on a networked computer to be shared with other computers and devices on the same network. Also enables computers to find those kinds of files on the network.
Media Foundation: Provides support for content protection, audio and video quality, and interoperability for DRM.
Windows 8.1 Portable Devices (WPD) infrastructure: Communicates with attached media and storage devices that include devices that support the Media Transfer Protocol.
MPEG, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, and Dolby Digital audio codecs: Enable the playback of digital audio content, such as MP3, WMA, MPEG-2 audio, AAC audio, FLAC and ALAC audio, and AC-3 audio.
VC-1, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, and H.263 codecs: “Standards-based codec components” (as they are collectively called) enable Windows 10 program such as Windows Media Player to support activities that include the playback and recording of multimedia files that are encoded with standards-based codecs.
Groove Music: A preinstalled app that is used to play digital music.
Video: A preinstalled app that is used to play digital video.
Voice Recorder: A preinstalled app that is used to record sounds.
Skype: A preinstalled app that is used for messaging and communications.
Effect on other features
Some features are not excluded directly from Windows 10 N edition, but they are affected by the media technology exclusions. These features include the following:
App Sync: This feature does not work.
OneDrive and Photos: These apps cannot play videos.
Xbox: Some functionality, such as Game DVR, that is associated with this app does not work.
HomeGroup: Integrated media sharing through streaming features does not work.
Webcam: This feature does not work.
Windows Portable Devices: There is no support for media synchronization, image acquisition, or file browsing.
Windows 10 camera devices: Cameras that use the picture transfer protocol (PTP) do not work.
Sound Recorder: Recordings are limited to the WAV format.
Alarms and clock: Alarm and timer sounds do not play.
Group Policy for removable disks: This feature does not work in the N edition of Windows 10 Pro.
Cortana Personal Assistant: Speech interaction with Cortana does not work.
Windows Store Media Content: Audio and video content that was obtained through the Store cannot be played. Also, preview of audio or video content in the Store does not work.
Wireless Display: This feature does not work.
PDF Viewing in Edge: This feature does not work.
Windows Hello: This feature does not work.
- Main Category: Downloads App Version: Latest versionUpdate Time Supported Windows OS: Windows 11, 10App License: FreewareCPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit Latest Page Update: 2022-06-03 Publisher: MicrosoftPublisher Homepage: https://www.microsoft.com/
Images & Videos
FilesWin is a legal software review and download website. We are against piracy and do not provide any serials, keygens, patches or cracks for Media Feature Pack or any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from our website through our contact page.