Download jEdit 64 bit for Windows 11, 10 PC. Free
Free Download jEdit App latest version (2023) for Windows 11, 10 PC and laptop: Mature programmer's text editor with hundreds of person-years of development behind it. View the Full Download & Install Guide
jEdit Complete Download and Install Guide
So, What is jEdit?
jEdit is a Code Editors App for Windows 11, 10. You can download and install it on your PC and laptop by following the below detailed guide. These instructions are valid for both 64 bit and 32 bit versions.
How to Download jEdit for Windows 11, 10?
- First of all, Click on the green Download button placed in the first part of this page.
- Scroll the opened page down till you find the Download Links box. This box contains all the available official download links for jEdit.
- Now, choose your desired setup installer - online, offline, portable ... itc - and click on its link.
- Final Step: the download will either start instantly, or you will be directed to the official publisher download page.
Download Notepad++ for Windows 11, 10
How to Install jEdit on Windows 11, 10?
After you have downloaded jEdit setup installer, you can install it through these simple steps:
- Firstly, double right click by your mouse, touchpad or screen on the setup installer to start the installation. The Windows 11, 10 smart screen will appear asking for your confirmation. Click "Yes".
- Secondly, follow the installation instructions provided by the app and agree to its terms and coditions. Remember, most apps enable you to customize the installation, if you do not know what to choose, leave the default options.
- Thirdly and Finally, Wait for the installation to complete, then after you see the successful installation confirmation, Click Finish.
Install EditPlus latest version
Install CMDebug latest version
How to Uninstall jEdit from Windows 11, 10?
- Open Windows 11, 10 settings.
- Now, navigate to apps section.
- Apps list will appear, search for jEdit.
- Click on it, then click uninstall.
- After that, Confirm
Is jEdit Free?
jEdit is a Freeware software. Downloading jEdit is free from FilesWin.com
Is jEdit Safe?
Yes, jEdit is safe to download and install on Windows 11, 10.
jEdit is a mature programmer’s text editor with hundreds (counting the time developing plugins) of person-years of development behind it. Any number of editor windows may be open, each window may be split into several areas, each area can view a different file and keep track of an independent set of buffers. Alternatively, different locations in one file can be viewed in more than one area.
Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, Intellij IDEA, and Mac OSX (5.0). Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as “registers”). It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Hundreds of macros and plugins available.
- Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the “plugin manager” feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find in a text editor. See the Features page for a full list.
Main Category: Code Editors
App Version: Latest versionUpdate Time
Supported Windows OS: Windows 11, 10App License: FreewareCPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit
Latest Page Update: 2023-12-05
Publisher: jEditPublisher Homepage: http://www.jedit.org/
Images & Videos
FilesWin is a legal software review and download website. We are against piracy and do not provide any serials, keygens, patches or cracks for jEdit or any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from our website through our contact page.