Download Cygwin 64 bit for Windows 11, 10 PC. Free
Free Download Cygwin App latest version (2022) for Windows 10 PC and laptop: Large collection of GNU and Open Source tools which provide functionality similar to a Linux distribution on Windows. View the Full Download & Install Guide
Cygwin Complete Download and Install Guide
Cygwin is a Downloads App for Windows 10. You can download and install it on your PC/desktop or laptop by following the below detailed guide. These instructions are valid for both 64 bit and 32 bit versions.
How to Download Cygwin for Windows 10?
- First of all, Click on the green Download button placed in the first part of this page.
- Scroll the opened page down till you find the Download Links box. This box contains all the available official download links for Cygwin.
- Now, choose your desired setup installer - online, offline, portable ... itc - and click on its link.
- Final Step: the download will either start instantly, or you will be directed to the official publisher download page.
Download Directory Monitor for Windows 10
How to Install Cygwin on Windows 10?
- After you have downloaded Cygwin setup installer, you can install it through these simple steps:
- Firstly, double right click by your mouse, touchpad or screen on the setup installer to start the installation. The Windows 10 smart screen will appear asking for your confirmation. Click "Yes".
- Secondly, follow the installation instructions provided by the app and agree to its terms and coditions. Remember, most apps enable you to customize the installation, if you do not know what to choose, leave the default options.
- Thirdly and Finally, Wait for the installation to complete, then after you see the successful installation confirmation, Click Finish.
Install Box Notes latest version
How to Uninstall Cygwin from Windows 10?
- Open Windows 10 settings.
- Now, navigate to apps section.
- Apps list will appear, search for Cygwin.
- Click on it, then click uninstall.
- After that, Confirm
Is Cygwin Free?
Cygwin is a Freeware software. Downloading Cygwin is free from FilesWin.com
Is Cygwin Safe?
Yes, Cygwin is safe to install on Windows 10.
Cygwin is a a large collection of GNU and Open Source tools which provide functionality similar to a Linux distribution on Windows. A DLL (cygwin1.dll) which provides substantial POSIX API functionality. The Cygwin DLL currently works with all recent, commercially released x86 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows, starting with Windows Vista.
It is a Unix-like environment and command-line interface for Microsoft Windows. Cygwin provides native integration of Windows-based applications, data, and other system resources with applications, software tools, and data of the Unix-like environment. Thus it is possible to launch Windows applications from the Cygwin environment, as well as to use Cygwin tools and applications within the Windows operating context. WikiPedia
- Dynamic-link library (DLL) as an API compatibility layer in the form of a C standard library providing a substantial part of the POSIX API functionality
- An extensive collection of software tools and applications that provide a Unix-like look and feel.
- Main Category: Downloads App Version: Latest versionUpdate Time Supported Windows OS: Windows 11, 10App License: FreewareCPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit Latest Page Update: 2022-06-03 Publisher: CygwinPublisher Homepage: https://www.cygwin.com/
Images & Videos
FilesWin is a legal software review and download website. We are against piracy and do not provide any serials, keygens, patches or cracks for Cygwin or any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from our website through our contact page.