Download Audacity 64 bit for Windows 11, 10 PC. Free
Free Download Audacity App latest version (2023) for Windows 11, 10 PC and laptop: Free, open source and cross-platform audio recording and editing software. View the Full Download & Install Guide
Audacity Complete Download and Install Guide
So, What is Audacity?
Audacity is a Audio Editors App for Windows 11, 10. You can download and install it on your PC and laptop by following the below detailed guide. These instructions are valid for both 64 bit and 32 bit versions.
How to Download Audacity for Windows 11, 10?
- First of all, Click on the green Download button placed in the first part of this page.
- Scroll the opened page down till you find the Download Links box. This box contains all the available official download links for Audacity.
- Now, choose your desired setup installer - online, offline, portable ... itc - and click on its link.
- Final Step: the download will either start instantly, or you will be directed to the official publisher download page.
Download EZ Meta Tag Editor for Windows 11, 10
How to Install Audacity on Windows 11, 10?
- After you have downloaded Audacity setup installer, you can install it through these simple steps:
- Firstly, double right click by your mouse, touchpad or screen on the setup installer to start the installation. The Windows 11, 10 smart screen will appear asking for your confirmation. Click "Yes".
- Secondly, follow the installation instructions provided by the app and agree to its terms and coditions. Remember, most apps enable you to customize the installation, if you do not know what to choose, leave the default options.
- Thirdly and Finally, Wait for the installation to complete, then after you see the successful installation confirmation, Click Finish.
Install TagScanner latest version
Install REAPER latest version
How to Uninstall Audacity from Windows 11, 10?
- Open Windows 11, 10 settings.
- Now, navigate to apps section.
- Apps list will appear, search for Audacity.
- Click on it, then click uninstall.
- After that, Confirm
Is Audacity Free?
Audacity is a Freeware software. Downloading Audacity is free from FilesWin.com
Is Audacity Safe?
Yes, Audacity is safe to download and install on Windows 11, 10.
Audacity is a free, open source and cross-platform audio recording and editing software from AudacityTeam. Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media. With some sound cards, Audacity can also capture streaming audio.
Audacity Key Features & Advantages
Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Export your recordings in many different file formats, including multiple files at once. Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete.
- Device Toolbar manages multiple recording and playback devices.
- Level meters can monitor volume levels before, during and after recording. Clipping can be displayed in the waveform or in a label track.
- Record from microphone, line input, USB/Firewire devices and others.
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by choosing “Windows WASAPI” host in Device Toolbar then a “loopback” input.
- Record at very low latencies on supported devices on Linux by using Audacity with JACK.
- Record at 24-bit depth on Windows (using Windows WASAPI or Windows DirectSound host), Mac OS X or Linux (using ALSA or JACK host).
Editing & Effects
- Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete.
- Find the spot to edit easily with scrubbing and seeking or Timeline Quick-Play.
- Draw Tool to alter individual sample points.
- Automatic Crash Recovery in the event of abnormal program termination.
Real-time preview of LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio Unit (macOS) effects.
Plug-in Manager handles plug-in installation and addition/removal of effects and generators from the menus.
Generate tones, silence, noise, instruments or rhythm track.
Change the pitch without altering the tempo.
Change the tempo without altering the pitch.
Noise Reduction to remove static, hiss, hum or other constant background noises.
Alter frequencies with Equalization, Bass and Treble, High Pass, Low Pass and Notch Filter effects.
Filter a frequency selection created in Spectrogram view or Spectral Selection Toolbar using spectral edit effects.
Adjust volume with Compressor, Amplify, Normalize, Fade In/Out, Studio Fade Out, Crossfade Clips, Crossfade Tracks and Adjustable Fade effects.
Reduce or Isolate Vocals given suitable stereo tracks (vocal reduction produces a stereo result).
Create voice-overs for podcasts or DJ sets using Auto Duck effect.
- Paulstretch (extreme stretch)
- Truncate Silence
- Run “Chains” of effects on a project or multiple files in Batch Processing mode.
Import and Export
- Import and Export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Fast “On-Demand” import of WAV or AIFF files (letting you start work with the files almost immediately) if read directly from source.
- Create WAV or AIFF files suitable for burning to audio CD.
- Export MP3 files with the optional LAME encoder library.
- Import and export all formats supported by libsndfile such as GSM 6.10, 32-bit and 64-bit float WAV, RF64, and U/A-Law.
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files) using libmad.
- Import raw (headerless) audio files using the “Import Raw” command.
- Import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC) and WMA with the optional FFmpeg library (this also supports import of audio from video files).
How to Edit in Audacity?
To edit audio in Audacity using the selection tool, time selection tool, envelope tool, zoom and more. This is a deep dive into the editing capabilities of this free audio editing software.
- Main Category: Audio Editors App Version: Latest versionUpdate Time Supported Windows OS: Windows 11, 10App License: FreewareCPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit Latest Page Update: 2023-03-11 Publisher: AudacityTeamPublisher Homepage: https://www.audacityteam.org/
Images & Videos
FilesWin is a legal software review and download website. We are against piracy and do not provide any serials, keygens, patches or cracks for Audacity or any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from our website through our contact page.